How to reach Trento
The closest airports are:
- Verona Valerio Catullo (90 Km)
- Brescia Montichiari (160 Km)
- Venezia Marco Polo (173 Km)
- Innsbruck (176 km)
- Bergamo Orio al Serio (180 Km)
- Milano – Linate airport (226 Km)
- Milano – Malpensa airport (264 Km)
- Munich (335 km)
Verona Valerio Catullo (VRN):
- Shuttle bus to Verona Porta Nuova train station (available everyday every 20 minutes – Tickets can be purchased on-board – 30’ journey)
- Train to Trento (1-hour journey)
Bergamo Orio al Serio (BGY):
- Shuttle bus to Milano Centrale Station (1-hour journey) or to Bergamo Station
- Train to Trento (3,5-hour/ 3-hour journey)
- Train to Munich Hauptbahnhof (main station)
- Train to Trento (4-hour journey)
FLIXBUS: offers low-cost bus connections with Bergamo, Bologna, Bolzano, Innsbruck, Munich, Rome, Turin, Milan, Florence, Verona and other cities.
ALTOADIGEBUS: this efficient shuttle bus connects Münich, Innsbruck, Verona, Bergamo Orio al Serio, and Milano Malpensa to Trento (suggested arrival: Trento train station).
For detailed driving directions to Trento: http://www.viamichelin.com or http://maps.google.com
Find train schedules and purchase tickets online:
- Trenitalia (Italian Railways)
- Deutsche Bahn (German State Railways)
- Obb (Austrian State Railways)
- Sbb (Swiss State Railways)
How to reach FBK from Trento
FBK Scientific and Technological Hub
Via Sommarive, 18
I – 38123 Povo
Phone: (+39) 0461 314 444
The town has an efficient urban travel system (orange buses) run by Trentino Trasporti Spa.
Please be aware that tickets must be purchased before getting on board at newsagents’ or at the train station and must be clocked-in after getting on the bus (price 1,20 €).
This is the fastest route up the hill from the city center. The trip lasts about 10 minutes. Board at the “Piazza Dante” stop in front of the train station or at the “Venezia – Port’Aquila” stop. Some buses finish their route in front of FBK (the stop is called “Polo Scientifico”). Some other buses take a different route. In this case, you can get off at the “POVO “Fac. Scienze” stop and follow the sign to FBK, or you can get off at the “Povo – Piazza Manci” stop and walk 100m down the hill: you will easily see the back of the large FBK building (grey with blue windows) surrounded by a light blue gate.
Getting to FBK Science and Technology Site from the city center takes much longer on this bus, but it might be useful if you are in the southern area of the city. Get off at the “Povo – Piazza Manci” stop and walk down the hill to get to FBK; you will easily see back the large FBK building (grey with blue windows) surrounded by a light blue gate.
Cabs are available to pick outside the train station or calling (+39) 0461 930002.